Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Penguins, Ladybugs and Departed Old Friends

As I’ve blogged before, I’m no Mother Earth. I love my kiddiewinkies but am not the kind of mother that can make a mouse costume out of sticky back plastic, string and 4 tin cans. So when they left primary school I sighed a huge sigh of relief. No more staying up all night to make costumes because I’d forgotten to do them and no Eisteddffods to have to make crafty stuff and Welsh cakes. Well, I mean help but if you’re a mum you know you do the brunt of the work and your kid just holds the tape...

So, I was bloody pissed off yesterday when Bethan came home from school. She had last week off with chicken pox and informed me she had to make a 3D animal by Wednesday as an arts’ project.

And she wanted to do a penguin...

So hastily paper mache a balloon we did. And put it in the airing cupboard to dry overnight. This afternoon after school, we started painting it - and it sank and collapsed - not enough paper mache.

Ideas flew, google was initiated and then Bethan had a bright idea. Well, she stole it from a girl who said she’d made a spider from a tennis ball.

We did a ladybird!

So - a tennis ball, some pva glue and red paint, cotton buds (Q Tips to you guys??), a couple of white drawing pins and a black felt marker later and we ended up with this - courtesy of Jessica’s camera phone as my batteries are gone in my camera





cute or what.....

Also, on the subject of animals, I want to say bye to an old friend who was put to sleep this morning as she had liver failure and was really suffering. My parents’ dog, Black Beauty, a rescue greyhound.



You’ll be missed, especially by your favourite cwtcher and stroker



Night princess

2 comments:

OneHandClapping said...

Ohhh, how sad. It's never easy to have an animal put down. I don't know if I could ever be strong enough to actually do it to my dogs, if it came to it. If I did, I know I would spend a great deal of time crying my eyes out. It breaks my heart just to think of it.

Good on ya for achieving the bug on very short notice! You don't give yourself enough credit.

And most importantly, thanks for finally posting again!

Unknown said...

EARN GLOBAL MONEY shows you different earning programs from all over the globe and help people to earn money from different earning program owned by different organizations.

for more information please visit www.earnglobalmoney.info