Thursday, March 01, 2007

World Domination

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!
Happy St David's Day!

My quest for the world to celebrate St David's Day is starting slowly.

Lets start with me. This is how I went to work today. I then had my hair cut with people singing the Welsh National Anthem loudly in the pub opposite. I then went to see my parents, expecting my mum to have made Welshcakes, but alas no, I had to make do with choccy biccies. I came home to be told by my glum daughter that her house didn't win the Eisteddfod. But back to world domination....


And my daughter who wont wear traditional costume as she claims to be "too old" and wears her Wales rugby shirt instead




And here is Helly, from LA, USA, proudly sporting her red top to work - thanks Helly!


Brian, from Oregon, USA, has a Wales mug - he claims its full of coffee but we all know Brian...


He's also blogged about St David - thank you Brian!

Inog claims to have the first daffodil of his garden sitting proudly in his office. I will try for photographic evidence.

This is Khaled, Helly's friend from UCSB. He hails from Egypt and the USA and is ready for world domination

Next, Jenna from Canada looking cute in her red shirt and daffodil hairclip


And omg, I got an Englishman to celebrate a Welsh day - way to go Shaun, is that a smile or a grimace...


And Allan ( Helly's hubby) and their son Todd


5 comments:

HK said...

Brian looks sooooo young in that photo!

Anonymous said...

I think that's a grimace Lisa, maybe the scent of that daffodil is getting to me a little.

Oh and don't tell my dad about it, I pinched it from his garden :-P

Happy St David's Day :-)

HK said...

I sent an email to the "geeks" at UCSB, let's see if any of them join the fray :-D

HK said...

Toddy's even clutching the infamous stuffed Rottweiler! Maybe I should've dressed the dog up, too! :-D

A. said...

Ha! Helly you and your son match!