Sunday, November 04, 2007

Factor X

Generally speaking I don't watch TV. Battlestar Galactica when its on, Jericho is one I'm also watching right now but that's about it

I have however been watching a programme every Saturday night. It's embarrassing but I'm amongst friends so I'll admit it

I watch the X Factor.....

But just admitting I watch this junk TV isn't enough. I'm in a quandry you see. We're down to the final 12 - well 8 now. Three have been ousted and the young 15 year old butter wouldn't melt in my mouth girl had to leave as an unfortunate happy slapping video appeared on You Tube. I don't actually know if you have Happy Slapping in the US. It's where someone beats someone up and its filmed on a mobile phone and then sent to others for their amusement.....

Anyway, I digress - back to my X factor quandry

Theres a Welsh guy. More than a Welsh guy, he's from Newport. Just up the road from me in fact. So, I feel I ought to support him in his quest to change his life from being an asbestos remover to being a pop star. At the outset I liked him. But now, well, now he's sort of crap. He's a sweet singer and a good looking boy. He has melty brown eyes and a fit body. But his voice is weak. It's like he's scared to belt it out. He's a softly softly singer.

So, that's my quandry. I've yet to vote because I feel bad. What if I don't vote for him and he goes back to asbestos removing and gets it on his lungs and dies? Will it be my fault? And if I vote for him, will one of the good ones go? And if I vote at all am I contributing to the crapness that is junk TV?

I also have to admit Im finding Simon Cowell attractive.....

Is it any wonder I don't sleep?

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Ummm Simon...with clothes yes.

And support your guy! :)

-N