Friday, February 16, 2007

Always do what Dr says...

Did my first clinical shift today

I managed to spill pee (not mine) down my trousers and cleaned up shit

So, lifes back to normal then...

I also had a tussle when I tried to help them log roll a patient on ITU. They told me to go back and send someone else. "I can take the bottom legs" says me, thats the easy bit. But no. Dermot, the ITU consultant, was listening and asked why I couldn't do it. Cos shes been off 3 months with her back and this is her first shift he was told.

"Lisa" says he, "Theres an Irish saying for that"

"FECKING EDJIT! - so piss off back to HDU and send someone else"

I love Dermot - he's Irish and looks like Homer Simpson. He also gives us cookies every friday


I also love Wentworth, hes not Irish and he doesn't look like Homer Simpson. He doesn't give me cookies but makes me feel like I do when I have cookies


Nothing to do with the post but god he looks lovely in that pic. I know where I'd like to place myself..

10 comments:

HK said...

"Fecking edjit"-- now there's a telling off if I've ever heard one! Next time you should get a recording so we can all hear what exactly it sounds like.

Lisa said...

Think a really broad Irish accent and you're there

He's really grumpy sometimes and everybody is scared of him.He was grumpy with me once and I told him off. He loves me now :)

Anonymous said...

OH God the belt is just hanging there - TAKE IT OFF - TAKE IT ALL OFF (waving my dollar bill - like i just don't care),

A. said...

It's wrong, but I prefer funny and quirky to overtly hot. That's not saying I wouldn't be willing to sample the pudding if it's on offer.

Lisa said...

I can appreciate funny and quirky but at the moment I wrote this I needed hotness

and he's hotness

A. said...

Ha. True.

If only Simon Amstell weren't gay, because I feel a smidge guilty using him as a lust object. But there it is.

How are you at the mo?

Lisa said...

I had to google, but I do know him by pic

He's gay? Oh well, the best guys are taken or gay

I'm fine, chilling with wine, worked a clinical shift again this afternoon but it was so quiet it was more like a social gathering.

Even though I work with women, I dont really get them...

A. said...

Totally gay, boyfriend and all. I find I have a startling ability to lust after gay British men.

Brian believes I'm gay, but I've told him I would never have a relationship with a woman because they annoy me. What a living hell that would be. Oh, and I like penis. So as for women, you got me. I listen to the horror stories my male friends tell me, and I've got nothing.

Wine. Mmmm. What kind?

Lisa said...

Nothing special wine wise

cheap, white, sweet and sparkly but its doing the job very nicely..

and I agree, living with a woman would be a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Sucks that you spelt the piss. Probably smelt horrible. But hey...you have that picture of Wentworth to cheer you up =).