Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sit Rep

Genaral update of me so I don't have to repeat myself all the time..


Hip - Physio is going ok. I've started weaning myself off the pain meds. And yeah, the one that went where the sun don't shine was stopped first..
Im walking better, sitting better and sleeping better. Well, sleeping as in normal for me


Work - I start back to work Monday. I never thought I'd look forward to work but I do miss it. After 14 weeks, I feel a little nervous which is silly really. I'm going to be doing mainly office work with a couple of short clinical shifts to see how my hip copes. Ive never worked in an office and right now my main concern is what to wear. Im going to have to see if I can get away with my jeans, if not, my skirts will have to come out - Im thinking sexy secretary look.
I've been kept up with the gossip, I mean news. Theres 4 girls pregnant - remind me to check if they've been sitting in the same chair.
Theres also a new consultant who is young and enthusiastic - oh dear. He is apparently using more PICCO on HDU which is my training baby so I need to check that out when I get in. A few of the girls are resisting it which is pissing me off as I've trained all of them. I know who you are girls and Im coming to get ya.
It's also been decided while I've been away that the staff member Ive been mentoring as shes, well, crap, is not going to do and we have to start the redeployment policy. Much fun...


Home - Home is still, well, strained. But the end of it will happen this year. I'm certain on that.


Kids - Bethan is being prepared for High School in September. I get to meet the Special Needs coordinator soon to work out her needs. I know her needs, whether she gets them is another matter. I hate fighting the system but Im determined shes not going to get forgotten in the environment of a huge school. Its not her acedemic welfare I worry about so much, its her personality and how she needs to be handled. Going from primary school where she has one teacher who knows her shyness and lack of confidence to High School where she has numerous teachers is going to be a big step.
Jessica has to pick her GCSE options next month. She has a fair idea of the subjects she wants to pick and an even better idea of what she wants to drop. I don't agree with some of her choices. Do I force her to do the better subjects I think she should take or bite my tongue and trust her judgement? She's 13. What she picks now influences her A levels which influences what degree she does. I haven't actually told her univerity is optional, shes going, thats all she needs to know...


Hopefully when I'm back in the land of the living, leaving the house and going to work my blogs will reappear. When you're sat around doing nothing theres not a lot to blog about. Doesn't stop me of course but the quality should improve


And woo, it's Tuesday - Battlestar Galactica tonight!! The episode's called Torn which brings me to thinking of this..



4 comments:

Px said...

awesome video :)

HK said...

Hee hee hee, oh my, the giggles we had at the suppository!

As for Jess-- she's only 13. How much judgment can a 13-year-old possess in terms of deciding courses that will help shape her future a few years from now? You'll find a way to convince her to take the better subjects, I'm sure of it :-)

LuzLunaEv said...

My brother and I know a little sign language and I had to show him that video - it's too funny! There are all kinds of "hearing" signs - like he does in the video - I'll have to teach them to you when you get here.

yosemmite said...

That was really good Lisa. When do you find the time to find these things? I really miss chatting with you on grab. Hope to catch up with you soon. And I also hope you enjoy your stay in the US.