Wednesday, December 27, 2006

This was my Christmas, how was yours?

So, all over for another year

Christmas Day was good. No better or worse than previous years. As they get older, the girls' presents get smaller in size and way more expensive. Girls got on all day and didn't fight. There was even a sweet scene where they were both led on the settee and wise and worldly daughter #1 was teaching clueless daughter #2 how to use her new mobile phone. Even more miraculous was the fact that I spent all day in the company of their dad and we didn't fight either...

Boxing day was the usual tradition of going to my parents. However,my sister's youngest was ill so she didn't come and my brother had gone to watch Newport County play football (well, someone has to...) so it was just them and us. Girls got bored quickly and started bickering - knew it couldn't last

My presents. Usually I get off my parents and off my outlaws. I then buy myself stuff for the kids to give me. But this year I'm going to the US so saved all my money to book my flights next week. My mum bought me clothes that I loved. But I saved the best till last.
My MIL has never quite forgiven me for rejecting her precious son and chooses my presents with tender loving hate. Honestly, I wish she'd stop buying but it obviously gives her so much enjoyment. It's now a standing joke between me and the girls. Tradition even.
Previous years have seen me receive perfume called Cheap, a top that we never figured out whether it was a blouse or nightwear and PJs in a size 14-16. I'm a 10 (British 10 which I think is an American 6)
This year didn't disappoint - 2 tops in size 14 and perfume I last wore 20 years ago...Whats worse is they were obviously expensive - just give me the money!!

I also watched TV. Now, everyone knows by now I never watch TV. Until January 9th of course - Battlestar Gallactica Season 3 baby!!...
But I relented and watched with the girls. Plus none of you buggers were online to talk to me anyway.
So, I watched Strictly Come Dancing - The Final and the Christmas special. Nice eye candy.
I watched Nightmare before Christmas (love it), Surviving Christmas, a lame Christmas
feel-good film where I predicted the end 5 minutes in. But, it had Ben Affleck in it so..
I also watched Chicken Run, Chicken Little and Narnia
Oh, and High School Musical (shudder)

I also have 11 Christmas bought DVDs to watch. We're big film fans in this house...

But one thing I still miss about Christmas TV is Noel Edmunds on Christmas morning. As Pete is my only British reader he'll understand this. Pete, tell me you used to watch it and cry?

The girls are off school till the 8th and I think I'm alone for New Year. Or Ill have Bethan but she'll be asleep. New years' TV is worse than Christmas TV...

But I'm thinking of watching the BG DVDs back to back in preparation for the new series. And consuming alcohol as well of course

And definitely NO New Years' resolutions

6 comments:

Px said...

damn you
i've not seen BSG season 2 yet and you're already bragging about watching season 3 soon
not fair!

glad your had a half decent christmas including traditional presents :)

Px said...

i don't remember watching noel edmunds on christmas morning
but then i don't remember half of the stuff that happened last week :(

Natalia said...

I'll trade you my too small PJs for your too large tops! :) ROTFL

-N

Lisa said...

haha, natalia, I thought of that when I read your post

We should have an unwanted christmas pressie swapsie blog..

Merritt Fields said...

You must not have been as naughty as you thought. Anytime the kids can get along for more than 10 minutes is a precious gift in my opinion.

Lisa said...

Aisby - so true!

The 2.5 year age gap seems huge at the moment so any time they get along is great