Monday, October 16, 2006

Best Laid Plans....

I've just been talking to my matey Lex on IM. He and his wife are expecting their first child in about a week. He mentioned he hopes that she doesn't have to be induced as they've heard it's more painful. I helped by agreeing it does.

But what was funny was he said that THEY are going for a pain med free labour......

Hahaha, rookies, I give Lauren 2 hours before she's screaming for meds.

I gave birth in the hospital I worked in. I refused an epidural on the grounds that I worked with anaesthetists every day and I didn't want to meet them six months later when I knew they'd seen my bits.

But I had everything else - that Entinox gas is goooooood....

And I had to swipe these off my favourite doctor's blog in case Lex and Lauren need some post pregnancy contraceptive advice. And I love this lubricant Ad...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO-- "they"! Let's see how Lex likes it when HE has to bear their second child because that's the only way she'll ever agree to have more kids ;-)

My nurse affectionately called me her "little junkie" as she administered my second intravenous dose of Fentanyl after several hours of labor that gradually became more and more painful. By the time I begged for my third dose, however, I was too dilated and didn't even have time for an epidural-- I did, however tell the anesthesiologist "I love you" after he gave me a spinal :-)