Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Five Long Years

Five years Ive been paying into the Social Fund in work. 5 years.

Every month, my £3 gets divied up into the pots, £1 for tea fund and £2 for social fund.

For 5 years I've watched countless people get married, have babies ( some have had 3!), leave, have operations or have the established 4 weeks off work sick. They've all received gifts or flowers and I'm happy for them - really..

But today, after 5 long years, I finally got something


Ok, so technically Ive paid £124 over 5 years for them but they made me smile

And after physio today I needed it - all I can say is OW!!

Todays physio was interesting. After my initial assessment Friday, I needed a more in depth hour long one this week but they couldn't fit me in. So, I agreed to go to a splinter clinic. It was in one of the roughest places in Newport. I was quite scared...I got there and immediately thought I was at the wrong place - it was a pre war type hut, but no, this was the place. At one point I was stood on the extremely cold floor in just my undies (yeah I know - attractive). The physio pointed out something about the way I place my one foot so I looked down and my feet were purplely blue and mottled. It was that cold.

My back pain is also the reason for the non blogs. When you're stuck in the house for weeks on end with nothing to do, you really don't want to know what's going on in my head.

3 comments:

Px said...

dammit they could've at least let you wear your socks!!!!

i want to know what;s been going round in your head, but then i'm a bit weird like that

Natalia said...

I'm so sorry about the back pain. When I get shoulder pains it is unbearable. I can only try to imagine what you go through.

But yaay on the flowers :)

-N

Px said...

come and bid on me, you're about the only person i'd actually expect to follow through if you won!
i'll except the fuzzy polo