Monday, January 22, 2007

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3

A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks
Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty
Going on 40 - no electric shocks


Today, the 22nd January, is officially the gloomiest day of the year

Its true, it's science..

Taking into consideration things like Christmas debt, fading memories of holidays, failing New Year resolutions and lack of daylight the following formula was produced

1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA
Key - W: Weather. D: Debt. d: Money due in January pay. T: Time since Christmas. Q: Time since failed quit attempt. M: General motivational levels. NA: The need to take action.

So, are we all feeling gloomy today? No, shame on you - it's SCIENCE..

I'm not gloomy, I'm bloody freezing, but I decided to think of things for me to feel happy about

~ It's payday tomorrow
~ I'm still not smoking
~ It's payday tomorrow
~ My sister is 40 in 4 days, that's hilarious
~ It's payday tomorrow
~ My back/hip is feeling a bit better
~ It's payday tomorrow
~ It's 43 days to my trip
~ It's pay - yeah, i think you got that bit

The only thing I have to be gloomy about is Friday's physio - she told me to load up on all my pain meds which can only mean one thing - she's going to manipulate my pelvis back in. So if anyone want's to pop over and hold my hand, or give me something to bite on, or even better copious amounts of alcohol, feel free

And I have to say, the lyrics of Ian Dury's and the Blockheads' Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3 are weird, but then so was he. Or he is, I dunno, is he dead yet?

And one more thing, check out today's quote to the right - spooooooky....

2 comments:

Px said...

yes he's dead
i'd offer to hold your hand, but there's no way i'd be up and out of bed on friday, it's the only day this week that i haven't got an interview of some sort

today's is with the benefit people :(

Natalia said...

Yeah, I was wondering about that most depressing day. I reckon some scientists have way too much time on their hands and should be, most likely, looking for the cure to cancer or AIDS. But that's just me.

-N