Monday, January 29, 2007

QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATUS

I have been ill all weekend. Vague symptoms that are for sure bound to be life threatening. So I stayed in me PJs all weekend and alternated between bed and the sofa.

The music channels know how to target the bored 30 something day time audience and entice them from daytime TV - 80s nostalgia. I flicked through the faceless, nameless drivel the youngsters call music (god, I sound like my father...) and there it was - the 30 best 80s videos.
And this one ....



I am not embarrassed to say I sang along and remembered every word. I have to mention J.T, John Taylor for the uninitiated, looks damn fine in this video - go 80s hair

The Reflex is also of course the 80s bar in town I took Helly, Shaun and Alex too when they visited. You know, the one with the poles...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just now popped up on my feed reader, and when I saw the title, I did a double-take, it looked like Spam!

Too bad we didn't get a shot of all FOUR of us on the poles-- now THAT would've been a picture to remember :-D

Lisa said...

Well, if I remember correctly, me and Alex ran for them, you had to be persuaded and Shaun went nowhere near, claiming he was taking the pictures..

HK said...

Hehe, yeah, I think that about sums it up. I guess we shoulda just worked harder at persuading Shaun, LOL. Maybe we could've asked that guy (that chatted Alex up at the bar) to take pictures.

In any event-- we do have Shauny to thank for the pics we do have :-)

Px said...

hmmm...poles
that sounds interesting ;)