Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Happy Days

Today was good....
Lunch and shopping with Mum, sis and nephew. Miles decided that throwing his cutlery, chips and nuggets on the floor for Lisa to pick up was a great game. Chasing him around the newly renovated indoor market with his coat was a good game too. But the best game was the bargain hunting. I'm such a bargain babe and I picked up some massive savings today.

After 5 hours in the city, my back niggled but wasn't total agony. Tonight is Battlestar Galactica. Can a day get any better?

And yes I bought undies, matching of course, and yes I bought boots. Actually technically I didn't buy the boots as it was buy 2 pairs of sale items and get one free so me and Mum bought a pair each and then I picked up the boots free

These boots are to die for...




I also bought 2 pairs of combat trousers, a pair of trainer type shoe thingys, a furry collared gilet, a jacket, a top and a bag. I also treated my sister to a necklace and earrings for her 40th birthday and bought my godson some Dr Who fact file books for his birthday. And I didn't spend a fortune.

Mood is good. Retail therapy works. Tomorrow is lunch with best mate Mandy. I shall stay away from the shops.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boots are hot!

Px said...

those boots are NOT made for walking ;)

and you know i said friday was the only day that i didn't have an interview, i lied, i've not got one in london :(

Lisa said...

yes jenn, those boots are hot

pete - my back won't let me wear heels at the moment but give it a few weeks and I'll be boot kicking ass :)

London? - ok, remembering how crap I am at English geography, how far is london from Oxford??

Px said...

train from didcot should put me in paddington in about an hour, and then it'll be the tube from there to victoria for 10 am, so rush hour all the way, in a suit and without my mp3 player :(

Dan said...

And yes I bought undies, matching of course, and yes I bought boots.

So why is it we get to see photos of the boots but not the undies? :)

Wales rocks! I spent quite a bit of time there about ten years ago, for U.S. Navy work. Hiking the Pembrokeshire coast was one of my fondest memories. I usually stayed in St. David's.

Lisa said...

I knew someone was going to comment that...

Px said...

i'm with dan here...

Natalia said...

OMG...gorgeousness. Boots and sandals are my total faves.

Lovely day, really. Can I have one like that soon, please?

-N

Laura said...

Liking the boots. WTF is a gilet? Better go google it...OK, for other Americans, or idiots like me, it's a "woman's dickie resembling a waistcoat or blouse." I love the word dickie! I love retail therapy, and it's always better when done with other good shoppers. My boys aren't the best for retail therapy.

HK said...

I kept meaning to say this... but it looks like the flowers are coming straight out of the boots-- interesting choice of a new vase ;-)