Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hide and Seek

I have 2 daughters

Whats theirs is theirs and what's mine is, well, theirs too...
If I want to find anything of mine, chances are it will be in their bedrooms.

Stationary stuff is likely to found in Bethans. Shes 10. I get lots of bits and pieces from medical reps in work; pens, notebooks, sticky post its, fuzzies - all find a home in Bethan's den

Lately all my good stuff is found in Jessica's room. Now 13 and just about my size in tops, its not confined to just my make-up, my jewellery, my scarves etc. Now shes started nicking my clothes.

They also don't ask. When I was growing up, I wouldn't dream of going in my mum's bag (purse). In fact I still don't - if she wants something out of there, I'll get it and give it to her for her to get out.
Not mine, they just rifle and take what they want.

So earlier, Jess walks downstairs in one of my jumpers (sweater).

"Where did you get that inquires me", knowing most of my winter stuff is still packed away.

"Right at the bottom of your wardrobe (closet), in a bag" replies daughter number one

Which made me giggle because that proves what I have said to many a female friend

I can have no little playmates, no toys..

I have no privacy or private place - and the bottom of the wardrobe in a bag was one suggestion..

Unless you can think where the hell I can hide them???

P.S - note I even translate my blogs for Americans that don't talk proper English..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, I noticed the American translations in parentheses even before I reached the last line of your post ;-)

How about a safe? Under lock and key? Or better yet-- combination, so you don't have to worry about them finding the key?

Lisa said...

Mum, mum, whats in the safe?
can I look, please please??

yeah, I can see that happening....

I make do ;)

HK said...

LMAO, hey, it'd be a good way to bribe them into doing things. "Only after you do the dishes. Only after I see good grades on your next report card. First you gotta scrub the floors" etc...

;-)

Lisa said...

They start singing orphan Annie songs if I try to get them to do chores..

Natalia said...

ROTFL at the translation. I inject all sorts of non-American words ALL THE TIME, especially words my Irish bf says all the time.

Where in the US are you coming to and are you staying? Inquiring minds are, well, inquiring.

-N

Laura said...

Thank God I have boys, and they don't rifle around in my nightstand...yet! You should take that as a compliment, that you don't dress like a Mom if your kids are stealing your clothes! If you were wearing denim vests and big-ass Mom jeans, it wouldn't be a problem. ;) Maybe you could hide things in the cleaning supplies? Keep a big bucket with a hidden compartment under the sponges and mop. I liked your translations, too, though since I've been reading British books since way back (loved James Herriott as a kid, when I wanted to be a vet) I know some of 'em.

Merritt Fields said...

I have two daughters as well, is this what I have to look forward to?

Lisa said...

Yes

Jessica of course picks and chooses what she borrows. Like my good stuff, my newest stuff. It also looks better on her, despite me being a size larger than her

One advantage is we wear the same shoe size, so, double the choice of boots!