Monday, November 06, 2006

Ranting


Worzel Gummidge was an 80s kid's TV programme in the UK. A scarecrow with interchangeable heads for thinking, dancing, and working, played by former Dr Who Jon Pertwee.

I have likened me to him before in blogs well past. I have interchangeable heads. Or, now Im obsessed with Battlestar Gallactica, I could say I am cylon-like in that there are many of me.

The Johari thingy I did recently showed which friends really knew me and which ones didn't. I also had some from completely random people I'd never met before which was pretty freaky. The Nohari thingy was probably more accurate as not many did it - chickens....

On the whole, the real me is quiet and shy. I hate confrontation and do my best to avoid it. I should probably stand up for myself more. I'm self conscious and frequently put myself down. I have walls...However I do have a wicked side I let loose occasionally. A handful of my online friends know me like this

The rest see a louder, more confident me. An extrovert Ive been called. That really cracked me up but I can see where they get it from. It's easy to hide online.

My work person would probably shock some of you. Im confident, professional but laid back - once described as so laid back I'm horizontal, I'm calm and collected in an emergency. I can also persuade any doctor it was his idea in the first place when they don't want to do what I want them to do.

Anyway, the whole point of this blog is that as quiet and unconfrontational as I am, why the hell do I let one person get to me so much?
I have just had the most stupid, most childish and most pathetic argument with her - again - on a message board on a site I moderate on. This unknown person brings out the worst in me. I try to ignore, I rant to friends on IM instead, but eventually I bite and insults fly left right and centre. She irritates and infuriates me to no end. I hate drama but once she gets going I do too. She's the red rag to my bull. She knows what buttons to press and I hate myself for responding.

I need to breathe....

No, I need to call her a fucking dumbass, crazy whore bitch from the depths of hell

No, really, I need to breathe and take up kick boxing or something

7 comments:

Mr. Gin and Tonic said...

the scarecrow thingy would have scared me...

Lisa said...

Worzel wasn't scary..

He would have sat you down and had a nice cup of tea and a slice of cake

Of course, you had to have watched it to get that -I'll have to check youtube...

Anonymous said...

Do it, Lisa! Call out that evil whorish bitch!

I'm very shy and contained in real life, as well. I have dreams, though, where I really yell at people. Hmm. Wonder what that means?

Anonymous said...

Ah... but is she a fat whore? ;-)

Lisa said...

I shout at people in my head Laura. I say exactly what I want to say but never would. Unfortunately as Im a community leader on said site, I can't call her out

and Helly, I told you hun, I will never let anyone call you fat...

Anonymous said...

i have to agree that the scarecrow dude is terrifying.

but anyways, i read that thread thinking about how everyone needs to pretend she's invisible instead of fueling her fire and then i found myself, honest to goodness, composing a reply... !!!

i navigated away before posting, but holy hell that lady is the biggest fool in the universe.

Lisa said...

I know Jenna, I was ignoring her, but when she named me and then kept slagging me off, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut

Ignoring her is the best policy