Monday, November 27, 2006

Bah Humbug..

Where did September, October and November go to?

Why is it suddenly less than a month to Christmas?

Decorations and lights are springing up on the neighbours' houses and Im thinking far too early, then kinda realise it's not that early.





Decorating the outside of your house with lights and whatnots is a reatively new concept over here, brought over from the US of course. But we haven't quite got the American finesse. I look at American houses on the TV and it looks sophisticated and pretty and nice. Over here it just looks tacky. I mean who the hell thinks a 6 foot inflatable snowman or santa in your front garden is classy? Combined with tacky flashing reindeers and sleighs and bells on the front of the house it's Santas' grotty rather than grotto..



Speaking of tacky, I'm sorry but I do love this song..






Now that makes me feel christmassy..

3 comments:

Mr. Gin and Tonic said...

American Finese...

now THAT'S an oxymoron...

Lisa said...

Well you haven't got any obviously but the houses look pretty in the movies

Merritt Fields said...

The ones that are pretty are on the cover of Southern Living magazine. We get those tack snowmen in the yard, too. In my old neighborhood, my next door neighbor had plastic reindeer flying across the street. I don't know how he got them up there but they went up November first and didn't come down until April 1st. And our street had more traffic at Christmas than any other street in our little podunk town.